GPS systems were built for people like me and the Garmin nüvi 270 is the best for the price. I am pretty much lost the minute I get in my car. I do a little better on foot, but still you don’t want me to be the one responsible for getting a travel group from one place to the next unless it involves trains.
The Garmin nüvi 270 will help you navigate the small cities and towns of Italy as well as other places in Europe. The device is especially useful when you are driving as it keeps you from having to look at maps while you are trying to avoid speeding motorcycles and lumbering trucks on the narrow, winding roads in Italy.
Product Description for the Garmin nüvi 270 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator:
The nüvi 270 is built with a high-sensitivity WAAS-enabled GPS receiver for extreme accuracy, as well as an SD card slot for storing your media and additional navigation tools, and a USB interface for loading data. All this is wrapped up in a package that measures 3.8 x 2.8 x .8 inches (W x H x D) and weighs just 5.2 ounces. The nüvi 270’s 3.5-inch (diagonal) display is touchscreen-enabled, making it a cinch to control the device with your fingertips.
A rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to five hours of battery life depending on use. The nüvi 270 comes ready to go right out of the box with preloaded City Navigator NT street maps, including a hefty points of interest (POIs) database with hotels, restaurants, fuel, ATMs and more. Simply touch the color screen to enter a destination, and nüvi takes you there with 2D or 3D maps and turn-by-turn voice directions. In addition, nüvi 270 accepts custom points of interest (POIs), such as school zones and safety cameras and lets you set proximity alerts to warn you of upcoming POIs.
Navigation is just the beginning. The nüvi 270 features many travel tools including JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter, calculator and more. It also comes with Garmin Lock, an anti-theft feature, and configurable vehicle icons that let you select car-shaped graphics to show your location on the map. Optional plug-in SD cards for the line of Garmin Travel Guides and Garmin SaversGuide provide detailed data for attractions and information on nearby merchants offering discounts, so you can customize nüvi for your travel needs.
Like most USB Mass Storage Devices, the nüvi is not compatible with Windows 95, Windows 98 or Windows Me.
Technical Details for the Garmin nüvi 270 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator:
• Display: 3.5-Inch Qvga Display
• Antenna: No Flip-Up Antenna
• Coverage: Full Coverage Of Us & Europe
• Memory: Map Data Of Internal Flash Memory
• Display size: 2.8 x 2.1 inches / 7.2 x 5.4 centimeters (W x H)
• Display: 3.5-inch QVGA color antiglare TFT with white backlight
• Display resolution: 320 x 240 pixels
• Power supply: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, vehicle power adapter (included), AC power adapter (not included)
• Battery life: Up to 5 hours
• PC interface: USB (mini-USB)
• Data storage: Internal memory, SD card slot
• Map coverage: U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, Europe (preloaded)
• Dimensions: 3.8 x 2.8 x 0.8 inches / 9.7 x 7.1 x 2.0 centimeters (W x H x D)
• Weight: 5.2 ounces / 147.2 grams
• What’s in the Box: nuvi 270 GPS unit, preloaded City Navigator NT for North America and Europe (full coverage), vehicle suction cup mount, vehicle power cable, dashboard disk, set up and go guide
For more click on the link below: