Ok, so you waited until the last minute to learn Italian. Now your trip is only a couple of weeks away and the most you can muster is “Grazie” and even that you are not sure you are pronouncing correctly. The Franklin TGA-495 12-Language Speaking Global Translator is the solution to your problem.
The Franklin TGA-495 12-Language Speaking Global Translator was selected as one of Time Magazine’s Best Travel Products. You can spend a lot on a translator but I don’t think you get more for your money if you are a casual traveler. Some of the more expensive translators allow you to scan text, but unless you plan on translating Dante I am not sure that is a feature you will use.
Although 12 languages may be overkill I have not been able to find a translator that is only for Italian, so you may as well get a translator that will cover you should you find yourself in Japan on your way to Italy.
The Franklin TGA-495 12-Language Speaking Global Translator is small enough to fit in your pocket. It is 3 x 4.5 x 0.5 inches and weighs only 0.6 ounces.
Here are more details on the Franklin TGA-495 12-Language Speaking Global Translator:
• Includes over 450,000 words and 12,000 phrases in 12 different languages
• Hear over 115,000 and 12,000 phrases pronounced in recorded human speech
• Translates to and from Chinese Arabic English French German Italian Japanese Turkish Polish Portuguese Russian and Spanish
• Asian languages are displayed phonetically using the Roman alphabet and Asian characters
• Large screen is ideal for viewing both translations simultaneously and European phonetic spell correction lets you enter words as they sound
For more see below: