“Emperors, writers, composers: Naples, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast have seduced them all. Volcanic and irrepressibly vivacious, this jumble of palaces, ruins and coastal perfection will hook you too.” –Christian Bonetto, Lonely Planet – Reprinted from Lonely Planet Naples, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast
Pages: 288 pages
Dimensions: 5 x 0.7 x 7.8 inches
Weight: 8.5 ounces
Maps: The maps in the Lonely Planet books are the best I have found in any guidebooks. There are city maps, regional maps and a country map. You can actually use the street maps to find your way around a city.
Pictures: Colored pictures are scattered throughout the book.
Guide Book Review – What I like about Lonely Planet Naples Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast:
- If I could only buy one guidebook, the Lonely Planet Naples Pompeii & Amalfi Coast would be it. I think they provide the best information on how to get to places and what to do when you are there. They also tell you what you should see and do when you are there.
- I love the slightly irreverent tone of these books.
- The Table of Contents is great. They make it very easy to find whatever it is that you are looking for.
- There is a good, though short language guide and Italian word glossary.
- There is information on where to find tourist offices (which are excellent places to pick up free maps), foreign consulates, medical services, what to do in an emergency, etc.
- Information is provided on how to get around if you are traveling by air, bus, train, car, etc.
- Tips on things to buy, entertainment, bars, gambling, where to see the opera, etc. is provided.
- Side Boxes contain interesting bits of information.
- Information is provided to suit every budget – inexpensive hotels as well as luxury hotels. They give you their opinions on where you should splurge and spend a few extra dollars and what is not worth the extra money.
- Information on how to get to the various sites is provided.
- There is a large section on walking tours.
- A section is included on Ancient Sites including Pompeii, Herculaneum and Paestum.
- There is information on Naples and many of the small towns that dot the coast including the Isle of Capri
Guide Book Review – What I Don’t Like about Lonely Planet Naples Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast:
- I can’t think of anything I would change!
To read reviews and buy this guide book . . . click here