Rome, Italy Hotel Description: The Hotel Ces� ri is located on a quiet street, more of an alley or pedestrian walkway than a street. For convenience to the major sites in Rome you will not find a better place to stay than the Hotel Ces� ri. Situated between the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon this hotel is only 100 yards from each. Tremendous and tremendously expensive shopping is available nearby on the Via Condotti, Via Veneto and Piazza di Spagna. The Piazza Navona is a 10 minute walk from the Hotel Cesari.
Many hotels in Rome, Italy have long histories and the Hotel Cesari is no exception. This hotel has been in existence since 1787 when it was first granted a license. A favorite of Stendhal, Mazzini, Gregorovius and Garibaldi the Hotel Ces� ri has been run by the Palumbo family since 1899.
There are 47 rooms, each with different furnishings, views and accommodations. There is a small bar in the hotel and an Internet Point for guest use. The Hotel Ces� ri was completely renovated in 2002.
• Located near the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, The Pantheon, Piazza Navona and shopping
• A/C in each room
• Major credit cards accepted
• Small pets are welcome
• Handicap access (although this is claimed in their web-site, travelers in wheelchairs need to verify that the elevator is big enough for a standard wheelchair)
• Multilingual staff
• Hairdryers in each room
• Breakfast included with the room rate, if you are getting a discounted room verify that breakfast is included
• No smoking rooms are available
• Transportation is available to the airport for groups of 4 or more
• Although driving in this part of Rome is discouraged a garage is located nearby for about € 30 per day (in 2005)
• No convenient subway stops
• As with many European hotels, the AC is iffy
• Reservations can be difficult
Rome, Italy Hotel, a Personal Review: A friend and I stayed at the Hotel Ces� ri and were both very satisfied with the accommodations. The room we had was spacious with two single beds and a large sofa that could have served as a third bed. The bathroom was verylarge for an Italian hotel, standard for an American hotel. We had plenty of hot water for showers. Not all rooms were as large as ours so you need to ask if you need a lot of space. Our room faced another building and therefore lacked a view, but it was quiet.
The location was ideal for walking around Rome. The breakfast was simple but sufficient. I have tried to stay here several times since my first visit and have not had any luck getting a reservation so book your room in advance or hope for a last minute cancellation.
Rating: The Hotel Ces� ri is rated three stars, remember the European star system refers to amenities provided and price not quality. Most customer reviews rate this hotel a 4 on a 5 point scale
Price: The average price of a double room is € 200 (in 2006)
Address: The Hotel Ces� ri
Via di Pietra, 89 A
00186 Rome, Italy
Getting There: The Hotel Ces� ri is an easy taxi ride from Termini Railway Station. You can take bus number 175 from Termini towards artigiani and get off at the Corso-Minghetti stop. This hotel is located in the historic center of Rome. Many sections of this area are closed to car traffic
making driving difficult.
Reviews for this Rome, Italy hotel are numerous on the Internet.